Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feel good!

Dear Blog, did you see the time and effort I spent to give you a new fresh look? Don't you feel all pepped up in purple? Though the maple leaf looked extremely graceful but then it was some time so I thought that may be you wanted a change and I see you are loving it. Bright and beautiful. You know what, dear blog, it is very important to pamper yourself. When I am bored of myself and I want to feel good, I get a brand new haircut, wear a happy dress, funky shoes and put on a charming lip glossy smile. These seemingly random things give such happiness in this marathon running world of cribbing and cursing, that I can't even explain.

I usually refrain from prescribing stuff but dear blog readers, if any, please try my feel good therapy, the one explained above. For starters, if you feel that getting a funny hair cut has too much of risk involved then I will give you a simple one to begin with. When caught in the middle of bad traffic, put on the ear plugs or the music system (as per your preference) and sing, as loudly as you want to, try doing a small jig too (remember the car is not moving) and give a dazzling smile to the person in the next car. Its going to be awesome, trust me. If this really goes bad, I mean lets say the worst case scenario, you will only get a befuddled look back, the song and jig still remains yours and you can feel proud to be a patient happy member of the crazy city roads. And in most likelihood if it goes well, the person will smile back at you and you will feel doubly good about yourself.

Now, dear blog readers I realize that this post is becoming painstakingly long, but please just one last advice, and its the feel good advice so don't ditch now, come on! Ok, I will keep it terse: drop in compliments here and there, here meaning give compliments to yourself and there meaning give compliments to other people. I can bet (a friendly one of course) that this shall work and you the rare blog reader will come back and say thank you! (Be optimistic, feel good :D)

10 comments:

Jay said...

I think my blog will just abandon me someday - or self-delete (cyber equivalent of suicide) with those serious articles and never changing looks!!!

Btw that music in the traffic thing.... yes I do.. SHOUT IT OUT LOUD.... IT'S MY LIFE!!!

Neha Dua said...

Ha ha :) tell your dear blog.. one day.. i will coax you to change its colors and themes!

God save the the ppl in traffic!

Ankit said...

amazing post :)

Neha Dua said...

Thanks Ankit :) Really appreciate!

Unknown said...

I read ur article SAIKRIPA, It's very nice and interesting. I'm influenced by the hard work, Ms. anjina has been putting since 1991. Thanks for enligtening "saikripa" to the unknowns like me, specially who believe in karma.

Soulfull Rhytm said...

So, a positive sounding comment will serve the dual purpose of fulfilling this post's objective and paying a compliment =)

Neha Dua said...

@Soulfull Rhytm - yayyy :) I feel good!

Soulfull Rhytm said...

Complementing comment's objective achieved =)

PS: i love the font used and currently going through some of your other posts

Neha Dua said...

@Soulfull Rhytm - you have no idea, how many fonts I tried before finalizing on this one ;) Glad someone noticed it :)

Soulfull Rhytm said...

Ah , was almost expecting the font's name, but yeah, keep you sources hidden =)